- There are laundry machines at the Disney resorts. Disney sells laundry detergent for a $1 per single load box. Don’t forget to bring plenty of quarters (a mini M&M tube is a great container for holding quarters). It costs $2 per load to wash and $2 per load to dry.
- If you are interested, there are 30 minute private photo sessions available at several of the resorts. You can make reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Bring lots of singles with you for tipping. Everyone who touches your luggage will expect a tip. Plan on about $1 - $2 per bag.
- Utilize Disney Hotel Baggage Handling - Drop off your bags if your room isn't ready, and head for the parks! Likewise, on your last day, check out and leave the bags for later. Be sure to pack a small bag with clothes to change into upon arrival (include your bathing suits) so that you don't need to open all the suitcases.
- When you check in make sure you ask for early housekeeping. If you are early risers, this will ensure that if you return for an afternoon rest your room will be clean.
- Phones - If you need to make a call to anyone off of Disney property, do not use your resort phone! You may end up with a huge charge on your bill. They will charge you $0.75 for every local call and toll-free call you make, so you can just imagine the charge for long distance.
- Open all the drawers in your room. There are sometimes free postcards and stationery there for you.
- Make sure you call and set up your morning “Wake up Call” and you will get a nice surprise. Be sure to answer using the speakerphone.