This camper project has literally been THE fastest remodel I’ve ever done! With just a few weeks left of Summer, I really wanted to have our new trailer up and running so we could enjoy it before the Winter hits. Many of you know, we sold Gidget, our vintage trailer. We immediately started looking for a new camper to fix up. I didn’t want another HUGE project like Gidget had been, but something with room for improvement. Read more about our process to find a new camper and to see all the before pictures, HERE.
Here are a few side-by-side shots of the improvements we made…
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
What We Did
- Removed wallpaper boarder
- Removed window coverings and blinds, replaced with simple roll-down shades
- Removed old couch and replaced with new jackknife sofa – We ordered ours through General RV because they were the cheapest and offered next day delivery. We figured with the price of upholstery fabric being so high, this was an area we were happy to “splurge” on.
- Found brand new bench cushions at an RV surplus store. They’re not my first choice in fabric style, but they fit our budget and were an improvement on the originals without having to recover them myself!
- Replaced old queen bed with a short RV queen mattress
- Painted walls right over top of the old wallpaper. I used my favorite, go-to color: Glidden “Smooth Stone” in their Diamond paint and primer in one
- Painted lower cabinets with gray chalk paint and sealed with a water-based poly. I had planned on painting the uppers with a white chalk paint, but after painting the lowers, I decided I liked the two-tone wood look.
- Updated cabinet hardware
- Installed peel and stick subway tile backsplash – LOVE this stuff!
- Updated TV’s, installed mount on outside of camper for TV
- Added hooks, shelves and other storage options… everywhere!
- New tires
- Purchased weight distribution hitch and sway bar
- New sewage hoses and water hose
- Glidden Paint: Smooth Stone
- Rustoleum Chalk Paint
- Cabinet Hardware
- Subway Tile
- Wall decor from Hobby Lobby and IKEA
- Under cabinet organizer
- Towel holder
- Towel ring
- Unbreakable wine glasses
- Wine glass rack
- Pop-A-Bag – trash bag holder
- TV Mounts
- Copper bottle opener
- Throw pillow from Target
- Adventure pillow from Target
- Comforter from IKEA
- Vintage trailer sheets from Camping World
- Dish towels from IKEA
- Copper paper towel holder
- Countertop extender
- Copper canisters
- Wire wall racks
- Leveling socket
- Wall mounted electric fireplace
- IKEA storage bins
- Soap dispensers from Target
- Paint outside of trailer
- Install countertop extender
- Install outside LED lights
- Hang electric fireplace (for an electric heat source instead of using gas)
- Come up with a name and hashtag!