This is literally the BEST frozen Strawberry dessert out there. I mean it. But I’m not a chocolate person mind you. I’ve come to the conclusion that there are two distinct groups of people in the world when it comes to desserts. There are those that prefer chocolate anything or chocolate cake to be precise, and those that prefer something fruity or pie to be specific. I am the later. My whole family was always a little fruity… ahem, I mean we preferred fruit over chocolate. We always chose blueberry pie or strawberry shortcake for birthdays, over regular cake. My mom has been making this dessert for me since I was little, so much that we have always called it “Sarah’s special dessert.” I always requested that she doubles the crunchy topping to make it extra crunchy! I hope you enjoy it too!!
sifted all purpose flour
optional *I recommend pasteurized egg whites!
sliced fresh strawberries
or 10 Oz. frozen
- Mix flour, brown sugar, walnuts and butter together.
- Bake in shallow pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the crumbs in a 9×13 pan.
- Combine sugar, berries and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat whipping cream and egg whites on high speed for 10 minutes then mix together with the sugar and berries.
- Pour over crumbs.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Freeze for 6 hours. Serves 12.