Originally posted November 19, 2019
Christmas RV Tour
Hey everyone! I’m so excited to share my Christmas RV tour with you today! It almost didn’t happen this year, but we pulled it off. Our current Class A RV renovation project has hit a few roadblocks. We ran into a lot of expensive fixes that slowed the whole renovation progress down. It is far from done! I had high hopes that we would be taking this RV out at least once during the Fall camping season, but that never happened.
I loved decorating our Class C RV for Christmas last year, and really wanted to do the same with the Class A. I managed to finish up a few projects just in time to take some pictures. What you don’t see in these pictures, is all the unfinished projects! The flooring isn’t done, the sink isn’t fully hooked up, and there are several drawer fronts missing from the kitchen area. Not to mention, we still need to replace the propane tank, fix the generator, then gut the entire bathroom and back bedroom!
The To-Do List
Here is my original to-do list! I have checked many of these things off this list, but there is still a lot to do. The exterior will have to wait until the Spring, since it’s currently covered in 10 inches of snow!
- Rip out carpet and replace with new vinyl or laminate flooring
- Paint walls
- Paint cabinets and replace hardware
- Remove trim around slide-out and replace
- Cut curved area of slide-out flooring to make straight
- Replace window coverings with bamboo shades or curtains
- Reconfigure slide-out layout and replace couch and dinette
- Clean front captains chairs
- Clean and salvage curtain that goes across front window
- Paint dash
- Update lighting
- New counter tops and farmhouse sink
- Seal outside from water, remove decals and clean or paint exterior
Here’s a quick BEFORE picture of what this area used to look like!
You can read more about why we chose to change up the layout of our slide-out and living area in this post: Class A RV Renovation
Here are a few of the key things we did with this room:
- New vinyl flooring
- Sharpie painted wall
- Peel and stick subway tile
- New light fixtures
- Painted cabinets
- Update cabinet hardware
- New couches with pull-out beds and Beddy’s bedding
- New window coverings
- New trim around slideout
- Painted kitchen cabinets
- Farmhouse sink and butcher block counter tops
Shop My RV
Here are a few of the items we used in this RV renovation:
Get the Look
To create this cozy Christmas look, I used lots of pillows, kitted throws, baskets and flocked trees. Scroll through the widget below for the sources to some of these items.
I’m joining the Very Merry Christmas Home Tour to share new inspiration each day this week!
Please stop in and visit with some of my blogging friends who are part of the tour.