Walt Disney Rides for People with Motion Sickness
While the majority of my family is able to do basically any ride at the Disney World parks without feeling sick, there are also a few in my family that are very prone to motion sickness. Does that mean they don’t have as great of a time? Not at all! Disney World is all about making sure that everyone enjoys the magic of Disney, and the parks have something for everyone! I have learned much from my experiences of having a Dad who is extremely prone to motion sickness, and I hope to share all my knowledge and advice with you!
Here is a breakdown of what attractions at each Disney World park are safe to ride without getting sick:
- “It’s a Small World!”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Tip: you have controls on this ride that allow you to move your cart in every direction, but I would not recommend moving your cart too much on this ride.
- Tomorrow Land Speedway
- The People Mover
- Tip: make sure to sit in the seats facing forwards! This ride moves a little fast so I would not recommend facing backward if you are prone to motion sickness.
- Carousel of Progress
- Toy Story Mania
- My dad who is extremely prone to motion sickness does just fine on Toy Story Mania, but there is still a risk of getting sick because of the constant motion on this ride.
- There are plenty of shows!
- Unfortunately, most of the Hollywood Studios rides are not safe for people prone to motion sickness, but there are lots of cool shows! My family really enjoys the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, but there is also Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, Muppet Vision 3D, and the Frozen Sing-along, to name a few.
- Living with the Land
- Journey into Imagination
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! (show)
Depending on how prone to motion sickness you are, some of the rides listed may still leave you feeling a little dizzy. Hopefully, I could still be of some help!