Welcome! This is our first time participating in a Creative Buzz with our fellow contributors at Sugar Bee Crafts. Let me tell ya, these girls are awesome and I was so excited to see what they came up with for our Pastels theme this month. Be sure to check them all out! Here’s a run-down on what their projects are:
1. Modern Pastel Art from Tied Ribbon
2. Diy Dyed & Laceless Shoes from Made to be a Momma
3. Rolled Paper Bead Bracelet from Sugar Bee Crafts
4. Diy Decorative Fabric Wrapped Balls from This Silly Girl’s Life
5. Easter Egg Chair Back Covers from Handmade in the Heartland
6. Pastel Bookshelf Makeover from Carissa Miss
7. DIY Modern Art and Free Pillow Templates for Spring from All Things With Purpose
8. Spring is in the Air & Spring is Here Free Printable from 733Blog
9. Spring Oreo Truffles from Just Us Four
10. Pastel Confetti Trees from One Krieger Chick
11. Gathered Felt Flower Tutorial from Do Small Things with Love
I was so excited to hear our theme was pastels….
Because in the spirit of keepin’ it real, ya’ll
I just took down my Christmas decor (gasp)!
I needed this in the worst way.
Modern art is so fun this Spring!
I knew right away that this was what I would make.
I needed some color in my life.
I chose some basic craft paint at Michaels that were
.50 cents to $1 a piece and bought
a giant canvas that happened to be “buy one get one free” that week
(so I’ll be making something else soon!).
All I did was start with one color, spread it on all over the canvas in random spots and then moved onto a different color.
There are several different styles of modern art, popular this Spring.
*Find a TON of ideas on my Pinterest board!*
I decided to try a couple of them out on some old pillows!
I promise, these pillows have seen better days.
My husband felt like I was taking it a little too far…
painting on pillows. But what does he know?
I also did a little updating of some other pillows.
Scroll down for a quick how-to and some free templates.
This was some clearance scrap material from IKEA that I used to cover another old pillow. My sewing machine is currently being repaired. So I sat on the floor while watching TV one night and did this by hand. Cut out a piece of fabric using your pillow as a guide.
I sewed mine together right sides in,
then took it off the pillow and turned it right sides out.
I used this cute bunny template, cut it out of burlap
and hot glued it to an old pillow.
Find my free templates, HERE
Leave a Reply