2019 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
We just got back from a super fun trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida! We camped at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground in our RV. We always have a great time at Fort Wilderness. We were excited to make it over to Epcot Center for their annual Flower and Garden Festival. We have never quite timed our trips to Florida appropriately to make the festival. This year, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival runs from from March 6th through June 3rd.
For more info, check out Disney’s official site: 2019 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
Food at Epcot
Epcot has always been known for it’s amazing food and drinks, but during the flower and garden show, it’s even more amazing! There are so many special spots set up throughout the park, from carts, to restaurants to pop-up food spots. This “Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer” with coconut rice and lime sauce was amazing.
My in-laws tried the Dole Whip with rum and pineapple beer flight!
Cotton Candy at the Lotus House in China
I really wanted to try one of these new cotton candy flowers in China, but we missed our opportunity! They shut the line down right in front of us.
A really nice lady let me take a picture of hers!
TIP: get there early in the day before they shut down! If the line has been closed, check back throughout the day. This spot is incredibly popular and only stays open for a short time before closing the line to restock.
What to do at Epcot
Our time at Epcot was limited, because we were planning on park hopping that day. So, I had made a list of all our “must-do” things. We accomplished almost everything on this list plus a few extras!
Here are the things on my list to do at Epcot:
- Try a Frozen Violet Lemonade
- Eat all the food with flowers on top
- See all the beautiful flowers and topiary
- Try a Chinese Cotton Candy
- Walk all the way around World Showcase
- Ride Sorin’
- Ride Frozen Ever After
- Meet Anna and Elsa in Norway
- Meet Mulan in China
- Ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Pictures in front of the “Bubblegum” wall and “Toothpaste” wall
- Pictures in front of Spaceship Earth
The “Bubblegum Wall” is my favorite!
Tip: The refillable popcorn bucket is definitely the best deal for a large family that needs a snack! Purchase the bucket for $10 and get unlimited refills for $2! We refilled our over and over again, all throughout our stay.
Special Activities and Merchandise for the Flower and Garden Festival
There are so many fun things going on at Epcot for the festival. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Pick up a free guide book with passport and stickers to mark the spots you have visited!
- Purchase a garden map and your kids will have fun playing Spike’s Pollination Exploration scavenger hunt.
- Check out all the gorgeous flower and garden festival merchandise! The flower ears were my favorite!
- Find all the topiary sculptures throughout the park of your favorite characters.
- Visit all the unique vendors selling their handmade products.