Who is ready for a garage sale?!
I’ve got a lot of great tips for a successful sale. Here’s one: collect items all year long, so at the time of the sale, you’ll have enough to attract shoppers and enough stuff to make a considerable profit. Keep a box in a closet or beneath the stairs that you fill with items throughout the year, whenever you are in the mood to de-clutter. When the box is full, label it and store it in the basement or garage. Yay! Getting rid of stuff feels so good! ~Sarah
Sarah’s Tip: Timing is Everything!
Julia’s Tip: Organization and Presentation
Sarah’s Tip: Advertising
Julia’s Tip: Bake Sale
Sarah’s Tip: Pricing
Julia’s Tip: Location, Location
Sarah’s Tip: Team-Up!
Other Helpful Details to Remember
- Group electronic items together and have a power outlet handy. No one wants to buy a toaster or a TV if they can’t tell that it works properly. Better yet, have TV’s turned on and hooked to an antenna or DVD player to show the screen and sound is in tact.
- Be prepared with bags, boxes and cash for making change. Other things that are helpful to keep within reach: masking tape and a permanent marker.
- Have welcoming music playing in the background to create a happy garage sale ambiance :)
- Be prepared to bargain… and let go.
- Say goodbye and DO NOT BRING IT BACK INSIDE WITH YOU! On our last day, we bagged up men’s clothing to donate to a local mission. I set aside nice items I could see friends gladly accepting for free. I held onto baby items I felt would do well selling on Craigslist or at a consignment store. The rest, we sat on the side of the road and marked as FREE! It was all gone within an hour :)
thanks for the tips!!