This Summer, we have 2 sets of parents celebrating their 40th anniversaries! First up on the schedule was my parent’s celebration. The whole family (kids and grand-kids) traveled to their chosen destination and favorite place to visit; the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We quite literally and very specifically centered our entire trip around a pancake parlor.
Polly’s Pancake Parlor to be precise.
AKA, Papa’s preferred place, which is perfectly picturesque…
A pancake pilgrimage, you might say.
My parent’s have been visiting Polly’s for years, dating back to when my dad was a kid. It is the cutest little restaurant nestled in the middle of a lupine field and the beautiful White Mountains. And of course, there are pancakes.
My family is a bit passionate about pancakes, if you haven’t noticed.
I started researching 40th anniversary ideas and discovered the 40th was the “RUBY ANNIVERSARY” – A perfect theme to match the colors of Polly’s Pancake Parlor! I created buttons for everyone to wear that incorporated a ruby red maple leaf and told everyone to wear “touches” of red that day for pictures.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Here are some of the items I found to make our anniversary party at Polly’s extra special. It was a little challenging hunting down 40th anniversary decorations, so I thought I’d share in case you find yourself in the same boat!
- 40th Confetti – These are nice and thick, some are large enough to be coaster size
- Red tulle – I used this to tie around a vase of flowers and to tie around chairs
- 40th Centerpiece
- 40th Tiara
- Black top hat – I added the satin ribon to this hat
- Satin ribbon
- Satin table runner
- Red bead necklaces – Fun for the kids!
- Wedding bubbles – Again, fun for the kids!
- Instead of making t-shirts, I made buttons through Oriental Trading Co
- I created a 40th anniversary image which can be found in my printables archive!
- The 40th anniversary flower is the Gladiola
I created a generic version of the image above which can be found in my printables archive! Sign-in below to access it and many more:
Here’s a little time-laps video, highlighting our fun at Polly’s…
Visit Polly’s for yourself! www.pollyspancakeparlor.com
Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom & Dad!