- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (I cut mine into tender size pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1 Cup Mushroom Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed (yea, I know, but it's sooo good this way! here are the extra calories I was talking about)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half
These measurements are kind of approximates, as I usually dump stuff together until it tastes right :) Use more or less sugar to taste, and more or less cream depending on how much sauce you want.
In a large skillet, saute onions in the oil.
Add chicken, Marsala wine and brown sugar.
Cook until chicken is almost done before adding the mushrooms.
Stir in cream and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Serve over penne or other pasta of choice. Now that was pretty easy, wasn't it?!