This is a Lemp family favorite that was passed onto me by my mother-in-law. Ask my husband or any of his siblings and they will tell you this was one of their favorite meals growing up. It has easily become one of my kid’s favorites as well. Yet it is so simple! Hey, I’m all for quick and easy meals. My trick is to keep cooked chicken, frozen and on hand in the freezer. I’ll cook up a bunch ahead of time and shred it or dice it, then separate it into baggies and freeze for quick meals like this!
I try to keep crescent rolls like this on hand for quick meals.
These are from good old Aldi!
shredded or cubed
bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 8
packages of crescent rolls
- *Optional Sauce:
can cream of mushroom soup
- Blend together first 4 ingredients over low heat to soften the cream cheese.
- Lay out two triangle crescent rolls that have been joined together to form a square.
- Drop spoonfuls of chicken and broccoli filling onto each crescent square.
- Join all four corners of the square together to form a pocket.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes on a baking sheet at 350 degrees.
- Optional Sauce:
- Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup milk
- Heat and serve with chicken squares