Fall Leaf Puppet Craft
Are you on the hunt for a fun Fall craft to make? This is a neat activity to do with kids using pretty Fall leaves! It’s super easy too! We did this with a 2, 4 and 6 year old (and Grandma’s help). Today I am sharing how to make this super easy, Fall leaf puppet craft.
What You Need
Before you start, gather these supplies:
- Peel ‘N Stick Laminate Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Large Craft Sticks
- Colorful Leaves
Here is what you need to do to create these fun leaf puppets:
- Collect leaves and press them in a flat book for a couple of days
- Cut 2 sheets of laminating paper
- Cut the stems off of the leaves
- Remove the protective film from a sheet of laminating paper and lay it flat on the table (sticky side up of)
- Arrange leaves on the sticky paper
TIP: Make sure the leaves are far enough from the edges and other leaves so you can press the top layer and bottom layer together
- Carefully place a second layer of sticky paper on top of the leaves
- Press down on your laminating sheets to seal all the little areas up, paying close attention to the edges of your leaves
- Cut out the leaves with a centimeter edge of sticky paper all the way around them
Time to Create the Puppet!
Glue a craft stick to the back of a leaf. Glue eyes, a stick nose, and twine mouth on your puppet. Add additional craft sticks for arms and use markers to decorate!
You Might Also Like: Toy Story 4 Forky Craft
Check this out! You may also like…
These really are so adorable! And why didn’t I think of using contact paper to preserve our own versions?!!! I added your link to my recent blog post of Autumn Leaf Crafts- thank you for being a source of inspiration!
Love this! We will be featuring your post this week with our Share it Saturday features on dramatic play/small world activities, thanks for linking up!