Universal Studios – Universal Orlando Resort
Type of Ride
Rip Ride Rockit
Rip Ride Rockit is the star at Universal Studios. It is a twisting and turning ride with your choice. Choose wisely, because you will be going down a 90-foot drop to this song!
This ride is nearly impossible to miss! From the parking garage and while you walk into the theme park it is visible. After you enter the park, continue walking straight then make a left and you’re there.
What Age is it Best for?
I would recommend this ride for 11 and up. If the height requirement of 51″ is met and your child is a big rider, then by all means get in line. However, I would not recommend this as a first roller coaster.
How to Ride
Rip Ride Rockit has three options for getting on the ride. The classic standby wait is usually on the longer side because of how big the ride is. If you check the wait time throughout the day, it should go down. You can also purchase an Express pass. This has to be done before entering the theme park. The last option is the single rider line, which is usually much shorter than the regular line. The single rider line may be open or may not be. This depends on the day.
Will I get Motion Sickness on this Ride?
If you are prone to motion sickness, then this is not the ride for you. This ride has a top speed of 65 mph and is constantly whizzing past things.
One of the amazing features to this ride is the option of music. You get to choose from 30 songs! These songs are chosen from five genres; classic rock/heavy metal, club/electronica, country, rap/hip-hop, and pop music/disco. Next, I’ll give a breakdown of all the songs available.
Classic Rock and Heavy Metal
- Evanescence – Bring Me to Life
- Hinder – Born to be Wild
- Finger Eleven – Paralyzer
- Limp Bizkit – Rollin’
- Motley Crue – Kickstart My Heart
- ZZ Top – Gimme All Your Lovin’
Club and Electronica
- Beastie Boys – Intergalactic
- The Crystal Method – Busy Child
- The Crystal Method – Keep Hope Alive
- Daft Punk – Harder Better Faster Stronger
- MARRS – Pump up the Volume
- Shiny Toy Guns – Le Disko
- The Allman Brothers Band – Midnight Rider
- The Charlie Daniels Band – The Devil Went down to Georgia
- Dwight Yoakam – Guitars, Cadillacs
- Jason Michael Carroll – I Can Sleep When I’m Dead
- Kenny Chesney – Living in Fast Forward
- Montgomery Gentry – All Night Long
Rap and Hip-Hop
- Beastie Boys – Sabotage
- The Black Eyed Peas – Don’t Phunk with My Heart
- The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It
- Cypress Hill – Insane in the Brain
- Kanye West – Stronger
- N.E.R.D. – Rock Star
Pop Music and Disco
- Donna Summer – Bad Girls
- Fergie – Glamorous
- Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
- KC and the Sunshine Band – That’s the Way (I Like It)
- MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This
- No Doubt – Hella Good
Once you are seated on the ride, pick your song quickly (or they’ll pick an annoying song for you)! This ride happens to have many more options for songs. To learn secret songs and how to use them, check out my post about Secret Rip-Ride Rocket Songs.
1 minute and 39 seconds