Today I’m sharing one of my favorite Summer salads! I originally got this recipe from my husband’s Grandmother, Oma. I’ve made a few changes of my own as her recipe originally called for a frozen limeade mix… what is that? I’ve made it without and it’s always good. It’s a refreshing, Summer salad that will make a statement at your next picnic or family reunion! You may think mixing watermelon in with pasta sounds strange, but it is so good. You’ll have to give it a try while watermelon is so readily available this Summer.
- 2 cups cooked pasta of your choice penne, spiral or bow tie
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast or chicken 8 oz *also great without
- 1/2 cup sliced celery or cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
Cook pasta and chill.
Once pasta is cold, add remaining ingredients, adding watermelon last.
I have done variations of this recipe going without chicken or turkey and omitting the limeade and yogurt. Try adding fresh chives or purple onion. The watermelon and pasta combination is a fresh, Summer treat!