Today I’m joining the Seasonal Simplicity Summer home tour to bring you my Summer home on wheels! This cozy motorhome is our home away from home during many of the Summer months. We renovated it last year and have slowly done small improvements.
Our Summer Home-Away-From-Home
Traveling on a budget as a family of 7 can be quite the challenge. Many standard hotel rooms max out at 4 people, so larger, more expensive suites become the only option. Unless of course, you’re camping (or glamping as we like to say)! Today I’m sharing my Summer home tour on wheels, because it’s my current favorite spot to be and cuter than any room in my house! Our family will be enjoying much of this Summer, cozy in the camper. I can’t wait to share this fun space with you.
A special welcome to you if you are stopping here after visiting Heather over at Southern State of Mind! Be sure to scroll all the way down to see who the next stop on our tour is today!
This RV is the 5th camper I have purchased and renovated (and I have another waiting in my backyard to get started!). I didn’t intentionally decide to start flipping campers. But, we started out with a tiny vintage trailer, and as our family has grown, we’ve had to upgrade several times.
See all my camper related posts here: Camper Renovating
My philosophy is first and foremost,
“Done is better than perfect.
After that, it’s,
“It can’t get any worse than it already is, right?
You have to be a little adventurous when renovating a camper. You have to think outside the box and consider things that may not be an issue for a regular house. To keep the budget low, I like to utilize things I already have, leftover materials from other projects, Facebook Marketplace, and RV surplus stores. We have bought our campers for anywhere from $500 to $6,000 and put anywhere from $100 to $2,000 into them depending on the damage.
Drag the arrow back and fourth for a fun BEFORE and AFTER!
[twenty20 img1=”44909″ img2=”49894″ offset=”0.5″]
See more before and after photos here: Our 90’s RV Renovation
Shop the Look
Here are a few of my favorite things we used inside this RV:
- Peel and stick jewel tile back splash
- “Adventure Awaits” vinyl sticker
- “Hello” vinyl sticker
- Vinyl sealing tape – I used this as trim around cabinets and floor!
- Drip rail (rain gutter)
- Rolled vinyl flooring – from Home Depot!
- Rugs and pillows – BH&G from Walmart!
- Paint – Behr Marquee in white, satin finish
- Wall decor and pictures – Hobby Lobby
- Cabinet Hardware
- Happy Camper vanity plate
- LED lights
- LED spotlights over bed
- Couch – We purchased from a local RV dealer’s listing on Facebook Marketplace. Find it new: here
- TV/DVD combo with a mount that can be moved to the outside of the camper!
- TV mount with two brackets that can be moved inside or outside
- Roku TV
- Aerosol Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Extinguisher Mount
- LP Gas detector
- Carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- Storage Ottoman
- Surge protector/power strip with USB
- Roof tape
- Liquid rubber roof sealant
- Exterior Sealant
- Faux shiplap wall (using a Sharpie!!) USE THIS SHARPIE
- Wallpaper in bedroom (leftover from inside the house) FIND IT HERE
- New blinds in bedroom FIND THEM HERE
- Plants: IKEA
- Wood stool: IKEA
- Pink bedding – Only 21.99!
Thank you for joining me!
Next, be sure to head over to see Sarah at Grace in My Space